Friday, February 25, 2011

What is a PO anyway?

Is it like a write-off for the postoffice? Should I get the insurance? (See appropriate Seinfeld episode)

Everyone seems to interpret it differently. Some companies just send me stuff right away along with a bill. Some send me quote to then place the order. I request a PO, our purchasing department issues POs. Some places let me pay via PO. It's all very confusing. What is it anyway? Is it a wire transfer? Do my people send your people a check? I don't know, I don't really even care, I just want my stuff by Monday.

Today it took me 4 emails to clarify how to buy something using a PO from a particular company. I have have to send them a copy of the email I send to my people requesting payment using a PO.

1 comment:

  1. 4 emails apparently wasn't enough clarification. Got a phone call today asking me where the PO was because they can't ship the stuff without one. I want to pull my hair out.

    ReplyDelete