Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Let's start an engineering Super-PAC

I saw a great commercial recently on TV, where several individuals simply say what they invented. For example, “I invented the text message, I invented Words with Friends, I invented the phone camera, etc.” At the end it turned out to be a commercial for Best Buy trying to get people to buy gadgets. Wouldn't it be great if it had simply ended with the question: “What will you invent today?” We really need to find a way to get people think just a tiny bit about the world around them. How exactly does your cell phone work? Engineers need to form some Super-PACs to lobby on our behalf and run some cool commercials. I don't know if "Got milk" gets people to buy more milk, but everyone knows the commercials at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment